Cutting the surface defects of the cutting edge reduces stability
The condition of the cutting edge is the most important criterion for tool processing stability, workpiece work consistency and the finished surface quality to be achieved.
Because the cement is relatively brittle, the carbide cutting edges are prone to rupture due to the large compressive stress – especially when cutting both hard and tough materials, such as cutting high quality alloy steel. Such rupture may be very small, but relatively still relatively large.With the passage of time, the cutting edge itself is gradually worn and rounded. But can not be controlled. At this time the stability of the tool processing dropped sharply. Because the coating has been destroyed. Likewise, the quality of the finished surface to be achieved is severely damaged.
Through the use of Otec polishing process to cut the cutting edge and get a stable and uniform blade blunt round. Due to additional to improve the surface quality of the cutting edge to get the effect:
· Tool durability increased by up to 500%.
· Surface quality – The cutting edge has a uniform and lower Ra value.
· Reliable cutting process is possible because the tool is broken.
· Due to the high stability of the cutting edge, a higher cutting speed (3.5 times the cutting speed) can be used.
· less surface-produced corrugations (especially when cutting aluminum, if the cutting edge is too sharp, it will cause vibration and noise).
According to the actual experience of production, the following dimensions (such as cemented carbide cutter)
· Processing of aluminum parts: 10μm, processing time on the DF polishing machine (1 ~ 2) minutes.
· Processing steel: (20 ~ 30) μm, the time for processing on the DF polishing machine is (4 ~ 8) minutes.
· Processing of high quality alloy steel: less than 40μm, in the DF polishing machine processing time for 12 minutes.
For the reasons stated above, it is reasonable for these tools to be polished by Otec's DF polishing machine prior to coating. After the physical vapor deposition coating, the surface of the tool is slightly worse than the previous gloss (due to the so-called droplets). After the processing on Otec's DF rotary towing polishing machine, the droplets can be effectively removed (Figure 4).
For more information please link: www.langfengmaterials.com,please contact us: email@example.com